Well, it was better quality than VHS…

Funny story: I had the whole collection of “Green Acres” on VHS, the commercial
version, not ones I had recorded. I tried selling them for some time and got no
takers.

The youngest son was working at the Grand Canyon for the NPS at the time, doing
rim to rim to rim hikes over his nine day shift. There are bunkhouses for the
NPS employees and contractors in various locations in the Canyon, with limited
power and water, very basic. That, and anything that got there had to be packed
in by someone or on a mule.

He mentioned the ancient books and VHS tapes with old CRT TVs being present, so
when he was home between shifts one time, I gave him the collection of Green
Acres tapes which packed down to a bunkhouse on the North Kaibab trail.

So my collection of Green Acres tapes now live in perpetuity in an NPS
bunkhouse…

-D “Vould you like some hotscakes, dahling?”