Honestly I'd suggest Harbor Freight. I've got the cheapo Bauer trimming saw
that punches way above its weight: https://photos.app.goo.gl/p62DUZYds2BFJ7cp8

Its been the primary firewood getter at camp for the last couple years. I've
fallen behind so this year I'll break out my Husky and do some serious cutting.

The only let down on the Bauer is the chain tensioning mechanism, it doesn't
stay tight reliably. If I bought another I'd go for the Atlas which has a more
conventional system that requires a tool. The Atlas is a bigger, more powerful
saw anyway.

Otherwise since I'm already in the Makita ecosystem I'd go Makita, I've been
very happy with their stuff.

Stihl isn't actually highly rated for their electrics, or wasn't a few years
ago when I last looked into it. They know how to make a saw but they don't
really know electric. Chainsaws are pretty well worked out, the electric drive
is the more difficult part...

My buddy that firewood seller gave up on Stihl after he had to have his big saw
rebuilt for the I don't remember how many times. He got a red saw but I can't
remember the brand. He seems happy with it...

I've got Husky 445, good homeowner saw. The charge air system means it really
doesn't smoke. The plastic bottom end of the saw keeps it light. I did upgrade
to a semi-chisel chain which made all the difference.

-Curt

On Monday, May 6, 2024 at 09:00:04 PM EDT, dan penoff.com via Mercedes