The trick to keeping a 2 stroke engine running is the canned gas from the
hardware store, it lasts indefinitely, doesn't gum up in the carb.

I need to break out the brush cutter (think string trimmer with a metal blade)
to clear some trails on the great northern estate. Last year I burned a whole
gallon of gas through it which at $25/gallon for the canned gas is expensive
but I've wasted an awful lot of mix gas that's gone bad from sitting. I've also
wasted a bunch of time and effort cleaning carbs from dirty gas.

This year I plan to mix one gallon of pump gas, I'll use that for most of the
day but the last refill each day will be canned gas just in case I end up
leaving it...

-Curt

On Monday, May 6, 2024 at 09:43:51 PM EDT, Allan Streib via Mercedes