Sounds overcooked. Wild goose is red meat and should be treated as such, never
to be cooked beyond 150F, ideally 145...

I usually pound 'em out to get them more tender, lightly season with a rub like
my favorite Dinosaur BBQ rub, then brown in a cast iron pan on the stove and
into the oven for 4-6 minutes. We do a similar cooking style (without the
pounding) for venison backstrap.

The legs and wings go into the slow cooker for a MINIMUM of 8 hours of
braising. Comes out just like pulled pork.

Bird hearts are a treat not to be missed. I hate thinking about how many we
threw away before I decided to try them. Sliced into about 1/4" thick rounds,
fry in a hot cast iron pan with some BBQ rub, they're so good. I did one from a
turkey a few months ago, so good.

-Curt

On Friday, June 7, 2024 at 10:41:21 AM EDT, Floyd Thursby via Mercedes