I have a couple of (now discontinued) Garmin cameras around somewhere that
would be good. Solidly built, high quality items. I haven't used them in
several years and I don't recall if they just record until the card is full or
if they have a mode that will start overwriting the older content so you always
have the last N hours.

They definitely do not have any kind of GPS, not even sure if they can do a
date/time stamp. Would need to be manually started/stopped so they would not be
as convenient as something purpose-built to be a dashcam.