Likely not being done at the plug. It’s easy-peasy and cheap to use a voltage
regulator in the device to handle what ever raw voltage comes in within a
range. But yes, if the plug has any sort of components in it, you might want to
check. It would also have ratings information stamped on the body with the
output voltage, too.

-D