On Sun, 16 Jun 2024 20:34:42 +0000 "dan penoff.com via Mercedes"
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> It wasn’t fun going up on Friday, either. A high COG vehicle like an ML
> being loaded and with winds blowing hard and high ambient temps made it
> pretty darned exciting, especially in the turns. It was not
> pleasurable, and my hands hurt from gripping the wheel after a while.
> Thank goodness once you get up on the Mogollon Rim things flatten out
> and give you a respite.

In going from Phoenix to Los Alamos, I took I-17 one time and decided I
did not want to do it again. The rest of the times we went through Payson
and Heber-Overgaard.

Unfortunately, you don't have that option when you are going to Flagstaff.

Craig