On Thu, 20 Jun 2024 21:58:31 -0400 Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Reading between the lines that doesn’t sound too convincing

I have had dealings with the dealer, but not recently and don't expect to
in the near future.

Craig

> --FT
> Sent from iFōn
>
> > On Jun 20, 2024, at 7:38 PM, Craig via Mercedes
> > <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 20 Jun 2024 18:15:03 -0500 Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes
> > <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Heck this was even a news story on the local news, interviewing
> >> dealers in the area. It’s a big deal for sure but these dealers can
> >> do a car deal the old fashioned way. Problem is many of the sales
> >> people and managers now days have no idea how to do it with all the
> >> software they are used to using.
> >
> > I just got an email from my local Kenworth dealer:
> >
> >    Notice Regarding CDK Cybersecurity Incident
> >
> >    To all Inland customers,
> >
> >    We would like to inform you of a temporary disruption in our
> >    services due to a cybersecurity incident affecting our primary
> >    business system—CDK. This incident has impacted CDK’s dealer
> >    customers, both car and truck, across North America.
> >
> >    We remain fully operational and have implemented our business
> >    continuity response plans for incidents like this. These plans
> >    ensure your needs are met, but it may take a little extra time to
> >    complete each transaction.
> >
> >    There is currently no ETA for a resolution, but we want to assure
> >    you that the continuity of our service remains our top priority.
> >
> >    We thank you for your understanding and patience, and we will
> >    keep you informed of updates as they become available.
> >
> >    Sincerely,
> >
> >    The Inland Team
> >

> > Craig

Craig

----------------------------------
Present: '80 300SD                     190 kmi
         '89 Chevrolet G20 Beauville   230 kmi
                 (the Big Red Van, BRV)
         '00 Kenworth W900  Helmut     943 kmi

   Past: '93 E300D/2.5 Turbo           354 kmi
         '90 E300D/2.5 Turbo           265 kmi   RIP
         '07 Peterbilt 386  Bruno      885 kmi
         '95 E320           Sebastian  135 kmi   RIP
         '94 E420           Oskar      127 kmi   RIP
         '82 240D/3.0       Bluebell   286 kmi
         '87 Dodge Grand Caravan                 RIP
         '86 190E/2.3
         '72 220/8
         '61 Willys Utility Wagon
         '59 Willys Utility Wagon