John M McIntosh wrote:
On 26-Jul-06, at 9:13 PM, Marshall Booth wrote:

In my experience almost ALL of the power problems I've seen with OM60x.96 (turbo) engines has NOT been a turbo problem, but accelerator linkage (when the pedal is pushed the floor, the lever on the injection pump MUST move to it's full extent) OR an ALDA set too low (or getting insufficient boost pressure from the intake manifold).

Ok, as far as I can tell using a mirror etc, the lever does go all the way to stop pin on the back of the IP, when the accelerator is fully pressed.

So I'll swap out the fuel filters next, and ponder a bit.

That and do a Y setup to the ALDA and the guage and do some runs to see if anything odd happens to boost pressure.

A plugged main fuel filter can take a few seconds off the 0-60 time and limit hill climbing capacity and top speed. Paradoxically, fuel economy often suffers as well.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)