In a message dated 8/3/2006 8:18:28 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Probably  R-12 or Freeze 12.  I am not sure I want the car to go off like a
North Korean rocket from using Jim's propane cocktail if i hit Bambi some
night.

You know the old saying:  1 ounce of vaporized gasoline, mixed in the  proper
proportions, is the equivalent of one stick of dynamite.  The hitch  is
proper proportions.  I used to work on navy yard oilers and one  old  Boatswain
would look down into the fuel tanks with a lighted cigar in  his mouth.  Not
smart, but I saw him do it!

The worst thing I can think of is propane is heavier than air.  You  park
your car somewhere and the propane leaks out and goes down a floor  drain or a
sewer, where it can sit until it mixes just right and then finds an  ignition
source.

I for one, would not be afraid of a couple pounds of propane in my AC
system, considering I drive on the highways along with ill handling cement
trucks,
and loaded tanker trucks.

Regards,

Jim  Friesen