Ummm - right.
OUCH !!!!
Glad you survived to learn the lesson. When you recover, and need to
remove another T-post, use a lever.
1 - it's easier,
2 - you are several feet away from the post.

I grab an eight foot (should be feet, but it sounds wrong) 2X4, some
rope to tie it to the T-post, and an empty 5 gal can to use as a
fulcrum. The greatest danger is from splinters.