Curt,
Now you're talking something I know. Suzuki Samurai's......Might I suggest a tintop Sidekick for pulling a trailer. Samurai's are not good trailer pullers and do not get very good mileage. The EFI models are barely capable of pulling themselves let alone a trailer and the carbed models are even worse.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Curt Raymond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] mileage

But what about something the size of a Colorado with a 120hp/250lbft torque diesel getting 30mpg? The 4cyl gas Colorado breaks 20mpg making it the most fuel efficient 4wd pickup in my admittedly not terribly through survey of pickups on sale right now so 30mpg with a small diesel seems doable. Thats a truck I'd be very interested in.

My '96 v8 Dakota was rated for 17mpg highway, I'm shocked to read that today's v8 Dakota with a smaller engine is rated at 20mpg. The Durango is rated for 18mpg and based on a trip to NJ in my friend's thats very generous, I'd bet his got closer to 14mpg empty.

Of course I expect a large part of it is culture. The Dodge hemi commercials are a good example. I care not how fast my pickup can go, when I want to go fast I get on my motorcycle. My pickup is for carrying things, my motorcycle is for going fast, my car is for commuting. MOST people don't need pickup trucks. I have a farm and a camp and snowmobiles. I only barely need a pickup and in fact the one I need isn't made any more. I need a small pickup that gets good mileage. I don't care how fast it goes from 0-60 as long as its around my 190D. I need it to have ground clearance and 4wd for traveling REAL offroads where we snowmobile or plant trees or hunt deer or haul rocks etc. My truck works and gets the snot beat out of it. That said I'm considering replacing it with a Suzuki Samurai because I also own a trailer...

 -Curt