archer wrote:

> That's an interesting motorhome with very good mpg.  Found an '87 googling,
> for $24,000, which has 64,000 miles on it.  I'll keep looking and might find
> one closer to home since there are many RVs down here.

Aren't too many $45k motorhomes from 20 years ago still selling for 50% of
original retail. I'm sure if you found a decent deal, you could put 10kmi on
it traveling the country and sell it next year for what you paid for it. You
would, of course, lose any money you pour into repair and maintenance during
that time. And it's much roomier than a 123 sedan.

Engine is, IIRC, identical to BMW 534td and some 1980's Lincoln models.
I've seen good running Lincolns going for $2k, but that was when gas
was $1.50 a gallon, not sure if they are still cheap BMW engine donors.
Just remember it's a fairly large vehicle with all the power of a turbo 190D,
and I bet there's a nice turbo lag when you shift the manny tranny.
(but it's probably no slower than certain VW campers)
If I owned one, I'd try to procure a spare engine and then see how much HP
I could coax out of it. I think 200hp motorhomes drive better than 130hp.
Mitch.