archer wrote:
That's an interesting motorhome with very good mpg. Found an '87 googling, for $24,000, which has 64,000 miles on it. I'll keep looking and might find
one closer to home since there are many RVs down here.

Mitch wrote:
Aren't too many $45k motorhomes from 20 years ago still selling for 50% of
original retail. I'm sure if you found a decent deal, you could put 10kmi on
it traveling the country and sell it next year for what you paid for it.

Archer:  Hadn't thought of that.  Sounds good.

Mitch:
You would, of course, lose any money you pour into repair and maintenance during that time. And it's much roomier than a 123 sedan.

Engine is, IIRC, identical to BMW 534td and some 1980's Lincoln models.
I've seen good running Lincolns going for $2k, but that was when gas
was $1.50 a gallon, not sure if they are still cheap BMW engine donors.
Just remember it's a fairly large vehicle with all the power of a turbo 190D,
and I bet there's a nice turbo lag when you shift the manny tranny.
(but it's probably no slower than certain VW campers)
If I owned one, I'd try to procure a spare engine and then see how much HP
I could coax out of it. I think 200hp motorhomes drive better than 130hp.
Mitch.

Archer:
Didn't turn up any diesel Lincolns or BMW534td engines on Google or Metacrawler with a quick look, but there were many used parts available for those engines.
Thanks for the info.
Gerry