Gerry Archer wrote:

One of my sons customers offered to sell him his wifes E-300 CDI which is
late model (He didn't get the year.)

Any information on it durability, mpg,  special problems, etc. would be
much
appreciated.  If needed, he can get the year.

Thanks,
Gerry
------------------------------------
Dave Walton wrote:
Do you perhaps mean to say it's an E320 CDI?
It would be a 2005 or 2006. They are very nice and wickedly fast. As I
recall, they are not available with 4-Matic or the 7-speed
transmission. I've heard rumors that the engine is too big to fit
those in. I drove one a few times at a Mercedes Driving event last
year. They are too new for any meaningful reliability data.
--------------------------------------
Jim Friesen wrote:
US models of the E class CDI have only been on the market for less than
year.  Sticker was about $51,000 plus, and I  have not seen a used one  for
less
than $45,000.   Your son should be ready to fork over a  significant amount
of
cash if he is going to step up to one of these.

I saw one this morning, white, very nice looking.  I believe this is  the
best diesel MB has ever made.  Very powerful and 35 MPG is easy to  attain.
KEEPER!
Kaleb Striplin wrote:
There are several for sale around here for 39k
My son said to thank you all very much for the information.
Gerry