Have a Coleman cheapy compressor with (20?) gallon tank that lately
takes a
long time to build up pressure.  Instead of a regular piston it has
some
sort of plastic piston from what I've been told.  Since its only
turned on
about once per month to air up tires, and only two years old, I'm
wondering
if the piston simply needs some sort of lubrication since it has a dry
crankcase.  All info appreciated.
Gerry

If it's like my (retired medical equipment) air compressor/drier/vacuum
pump,
which is oilless, it's a normal type of piston, but it uses a sealed
for life
crank bearing and a weird teflon ring on the piston.  You must buy a new
piston when the ring fails, in my case.  I had to do this, turning my
free (and slow, but extremely quiet in its lead-lined vault) compressor
into a $40 unit.  Takes about 10 minutes to pump up the tank from
scratch.

Most of the time I use a HF $100 cheapie that I bought when I needed
more
air volume.  I also have sufficient fittings that I can plumb them
together
so that they both fill both tanks together, makes quite a difference
when
I need a lot of air.
-- Jim
That's probably what this is like. I'll take it apart and see. Thanks, Jim. Gerry