archer wrote:
Have a Coleman cheapy compressor with (20?) gallon tank that lately takes a
long time to build up pressure.  Instead of a regular piston it has some
sort of plastic piston from what I've been told. Since its only turned on about once per month to air up tires, and only two years old, I'm wondering
if the piston simply needs some sort of lubrication since it has a dry
crankcase.  All info appreciated.
Gerry

Have you read the manual to see what the manufacturer recommends?
Jeff Zedic
Toronto
The manual shows an exploded view of the compressor, parts list, etc.; but doesn't offer recommendations. If this compressor is going to need a new piston this frequently, I'll probably spend a little more and get a regular compressor. It has a 2 HP motor, so a small standard compressor might work OK if belt driven. HF has one for $100. I wonder what kind oil is least likely to attack plastic? It might be worthwhile to try that first. Gerry