-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jim Cathey
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 5:04 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 115 300D Fuel Hose Q

> I am assuming this is about where the feed line from the fuel tank
> comes out and that I need to change the rubber bit that goes from
> the tank to the metal line.

Good assumption, both of our 114/115 cars have needed new line
there.  But, it's not standard line, it's two different diameters:
big on the tank down to small on the line.  Rusty has 'em, I'm sure.
Or, you could do as I did and cut the end off of a bad cigar hose
and use that instead.  I did this because I had a half-bad cigar hose,
and was curious.

There are several lines on and off the tank, including vents, etc.
If one is shot due to age, they all will be about in equal need of
replacement.

-- Jim