From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of BillR
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 1:00 PM
To: 'Mercedes Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [MBZ] ignition keys

With a car as old as mine I just leave a single key in the ignition all the
time and use my full set of keys to open the door and then they go back in
my pocket.  Quite an easy way to go if you don't live where the car is
likely to get looked at too closely by potential thieves.  PO installed a
totally useless led under the ash tray that flashes every second or so when
the ignition is off.  It is supposed to mimic an alarm.  No problems in over
a year here.  Doubt I would trust it in a newer car or one that is likely to
be used for a teenage joy ride.
BillR
Jacksonville FL
1981 300SD  279K miles