LarryT wrote:
Howdy -
My '91 300D 2.5T (110k miles)acts like the accelerator is dropped too fast when I remove my foot from the accelerator and go for the brake. The engine seems to idle too slowly for a few seconds before regaining its composure and idling smoothly once again. It seems like there a controller that should be slowing the drop in rpm's as I begin to brake but instead is dropping the linkage against the stops before a controller advances the idle speed slightly.

If I slow gradualy it doesn;t do this - it slows in a natural, progressive movement.

Any electronic gizmo's that do this sort of thing? Now, I'm off to browse the electrical schematic's and WSM.

If you adjust the ALDA out (counterclockwise) between 1 and 1 1/2 turns from the factory setting, I expect the effect you've noticed will vanish. It has in the OM60x.96 engines I've owned.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)