To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 1:01 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Deceleration Control?

LarryT wrote:
Marshall wrote:<<adjust the ALDA out (counterclockwise) between 1 and 1 1/2
turns
from the factory setting, I expect the effect you've noticed will
vanish.>>

Thanks Marshall,
    Your experience on these cars is encyclopaedic!  I plan to change the
ALDA soon (when I replace the GPs) --  hopefully, next week when I get my
parts shipment from Rusty.

    Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Why are you changing the ALDA? They don't usually wear out! About all
that usually happens is that people that don't know what they are doing
damage them by playing with them. They really require setting and then
they should be stable for many, many years. If your acceleration numbers
drop a bit THEN you might want to readjust them AFTER you've made sure
everything else is working properly. Most ALDAs don't require
readjustment (except the ones that were set VERY lean right from the
factory). It's NOT something that needs periodic adjustment.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84
190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)