-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 8:28 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 300Dt trans

Alan

There are 187,000 miles on the car.  I'm not the original owner so I  don't
know what has been done before I got it.  I got it 40,000 miles  ago.

The fluid/filter was changed/flushed very recently.  The mechanic said  he
adjusted "something."  It seemed to have changed the shift pattern
slightly.
Today when I drove it, it didn't seem to race/slip as much, but  tomorrow's
another day!

Last week I took it to a tranny shop, and they said they would "fix" it for
1,800-1,900 dollars.  Someone else said I should put in an exchange/rebuilt
one.

Even though the car is in great shape and I love driving it, I know the car
is not worth the price of all the repairs that I could make to it.  I would
like to keep it though, and I'm having a great time fixing some of the other
things.  (door vac system, water leaks, etc.)

Mike

<<<How many miles on the tranny? Have you changed the  fluid/filter? Have
there been any adjustments made to the transmission  modulator since it
started slipping? Have you checked the vacuum system for  leaks? My
experience with 82 & 83 300D transmissions is not good. At lot  of them
start
slipping around 250k and you have to go with a  replacement.

Alan Duff
Knoxville, TN>>>