You sure about the mounts? The 6.2 is not a Chebbie block and likely uses the same mounts as a Buick, Olds or Pontiac.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Chamberlain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 10:07 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] what are you smokin'?

On 9/2/06, Mike Canfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sounds like fun.......How about a Beetle with a Toronado transaxle and a 6.2
diesel?  Mid engine V8 Beetles are a blast!

I want to put a GMC 6.2 diesel in a Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow!  Since
the 6.2 uses the same motor mounts as a mouse motor, and there are
already turnkey Chevy small-block conversion kits available for the
Rolls (just like the ones for Jaguars), and since the Rolls has a
relatively high hood (unlike any Jag), I'm thinking it should drop
right in...

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo
'93 Isuzu Trooper