So...I went and checked up on the old feller who has the '72 350SL. He was not
home (his wife said he was at the bank counting his money) but she let me look
over the car. It is sweet. Needs paint, no rust anywhere since it's an AZ car
(she said they bought it in '73 from a guy going through a divorce), newer soft
top, new hard top, interior is a little rough, seats have a couple of teeny
cracks, console is kind of a mess. She said whatever looks like it's missing,
he has it. Perfect bumpers, no dings, good glass. Not sure about AC or radio
(see above). I'm drooling.
My question: is this a model that the subframe is/was an issue? What should I
look at? I'm going to, of course, ask the fella if he had the subframe
repaired, if it is one that should have been done. If it is, and he hasn't, can
I get it done...was it a recall type thing?

She also said when I take the 350SL, she wants me to "take the other one too"
(some type of 108 I think...I didn't peek under his meticulous cover
arrangement) . woo hoo

Bob Rentfro
'77 300D 158K
'87 Acura Legend  177K