The US R107 350SL in 1972 had the 450 engine but had a 350SL badge so
it would qualify if it is a US model.

On 9/5/06, Kaleb C. Striplin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
all 107's have the problem.  The 450SL gets it replaced for free at the
dealer.  The other models do not.  If you need one, I have one available.

Bob Rentfro wrote:
> So...I went and checked up on the old feller who has the '72 350SL. He was
not home (his wife said he was at the bank counting his money) but she let me look
over the car. It is sweet. Needs paint, no rust anywhere since it's an AZ car (she
said they bought it in '73 from a guy going through a divorce), newer soft top,
new hard top, interior is a little rough, seats have a couple of teeny cracks,
console is kind of a mess. She said whatever looks like it's missing, he has it.
Perfect bumpers, no dings, good glass. Not sure about AC or radio (see above). I'm
drooling.
> My question: is this a model that the subframe is/was an issue? What should I
look at? I'm going to, of course, ask the fella if he had the subframe repaired,
if it is one that should have been done. If it is, and he hasn't, can I get it
done...was it a recall type thing?

> She also said when I take the 350SL, she wants me to "take the other one too"
(some type of 108 I think...I didn't peek under his meticulous cover arrangement) . woo hoo

> Bob Rentfro
> '77 300D 158K
> '87 Acura Legend  177K
> Still waiting on '72 350SL  78K
> Litchfield Park, AZ

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 91 300D 2.5 Turbo, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 87 420SEL,
 87 300SDL, 87 300SDL #2, 86 300SDL84 190D 2.2,
 84 190D 2.2 #2, 81 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250
http://www.striplin.net