Yes, I replaced the bent rod (# 1). Cylinders looked good. Blowby is minimal.
I am relatively confident the problem is with the turbo, but am
unwilling to spend the $400 to buy one from a junkyard that was pulled
from a wreck and probably needs a rebuild. But if I could get the
parts, I would not need to buy a used one from the junkyard. I'd
rebuild the one I have.

-Dave Walton
87SDL, 94S350, 99E300

On 9/6/06, Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
dave walton wrote:

> I have the same problem in my S350.

Ouch.

> Increased inter-cranial pressure caused by blowby.

That's supposed to be common, said blowby being caused
by bent connecting rods and oval cylinders.