Bad news, tranny needs a rebuild, good news, tranny rebuild cheap and tranny not too hard to pull and stuff.
If it's already slipping, it's not long for this world.
Check local cheapie papers, may find a place with a coupon that will do the whole job for under $500.

-----------Robert

kevin kraly wrote:
I found a 1990 Suburban 4X4 for $595 with a 6.2 diesel engine. The only major problem is that the transmission slips in reverse. Is this fixable without removing the tranny? I haven't seen the truck, so I don't know the overall condition of it. I know that "Klebbie" has one of these that just keeps on going. Is this beast worth pursuing? It may work out great having the dodge tow the travel trailer with a diesel 'burb towing the boat.

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon, no diesel Mercedes yet