Take care,

Chuck
Phoenix, AZ
On Sep 13, 2006, at 12:08 PM, Rhonald Angelo wrote:

Hey Chuck, any of these places around the Washington, DC, Baltimore, PA,
Virginia area?  I have on on the left side fromt of the rear door.

Rhonald
1985 300D
297,000 miles
Black and Palomino

Thanks

----Original Message Follows----
From: Chuck Landenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Dry Ice and Dents
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:21:39 -0700

Brian,

I've used Paintless Dent Removal several times...  aka Dent
Doctor...  depends on the locale.  Usually $60 + per dent depending
on size...  Once upon a time, my 300SD suffered over 80 dents from
falling acorns.  Paid IIRC about $600, but they all disappeared.  One
caveat is that paint can't be cracked...

These outfits "massage" the dent in the metal from behind using
variously shaped "spoons" and can "encourage" it back into its
original shape.  A vertically mounted fluorescent tub is used to
sight indentations/variations in the surface.   Most dealerships
employ a "Dent Doctor" to remove dents on new cars incurred during
shipping.

I recall that a set of these tools was available for about $50.
But, I just Googled "Dent Removal Tools" and a whole bunch of places
are selling them. They are a lot pricier now.   I know of a few
people that made their own using some blank round stock, with a
hammer and anvil to shape the tool that  they needed.

HTH,

Chuck
Phoenix AZ