The native born are real sticklers for using signals. In seattle you can tell the natives because they make sure to signal all turns. Some are kind enough to begin signaling a few miles before they approach an intersection or three as well as off ramps. They are even able to continue signaling miles after they have made a turn, so that you know they did signal.