Yeah, I enjoy doing that too - I think I would usually turn off the
headlights for a second to let him or her know they can scoot on over
in front of me. I heard it's especially helpful to the truck drivers
at night. They they almost always give you that return flash.

I really respect professional drivers of large vehicles (especially
when it comes to backing those things up with trailers). But when they
act agressively, it's real disturbing and unbecoming what I think
ought to be some of the most skilled, ethical drivers on the road.

I do however TRY to be a bit understanding sometimes when I'm being
tailgated by a big rid and I think that they're simply trying to keep
their momentum up for an upcoming  hill and to avoid downshifting. I
may be capable of trying to work with them in that situation if I
haven't already been put in my red zone by two or three encounters
with other drivers on that trip.

Brian