Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
> Flashing headlights means you want to pass.  Headlights off and on mean
> you are going to yield, as in, its safe for whoever to pull back into
> your lane.

Kaleb's comment lines up with my own experience.  I've observed that
signal many times, and occasionally used (and given) it myself.  Of
course, this assumes you're running with your lights on at all times,
but most trucks do.  It also seems to be customary for the truck that's
being let in to briefly turn its tail lights off and on to acknowledge
the signal.  One large U-Haul I rented had a momentary switch on the
dash for this.