Howdy -
I did an Oil Analysis on my '91 300D for the 1st time (I have a friend in the business) ;-) since buying it in Feb 06 - and the Fuel content in the oil is 3.1%. While that's well within the acceptable range I'd hope it would be lower.

The question is, on a diesel with fuel injection, how can excess fuel get into the oil? Carbs can easily squirt too much fuel and it can get by the rings, but modern IPs are pretty precise. Just trying to understand if there's anything I might do -

TIA -

Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
Porsche Road Test http://members.rennlist.com/roadtest/