To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2006 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fuel Content in Oil

Larry - did you change the oil when you bought the car, or is still
running the oil that the PO put in it? If it's still the PO's oil, it
will reflect his/her driving habits (could be a lot of short trips).
FWIW, the fuel content in the oil in two samples from the SDL at over
10K miles each, was <1%, as was the 240D at 5k miles. The SDL was
driven 40 miles per day, while the 240D was driven locally - lots of
short trips. The SDL engine is most similar to yours.

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK