Mitch Haley wrote:
> David Brodbeck wrote:
>
>> That'd net him a fine of $1212, assuming you didn't get caught stealing
>> his plates. ;)  No license points, though.  Since they can't prove who
>> was driving there's no other penalty -- just a $101 fine.
>>

> I see, just a tax on the owner with no proof of personal culpability,
> like a parking ticket. I was thinking it was a traffic offense.

I got a look at one of the cams in action, last night, and I think I
might have been wrong about it only catching the rear plate.  I think
whether it catches your front plate or your rear plate depends on which
way you're going -- I think they're only using one camera per
intersection.  Makes sense.

I also think it might have caught me.  Light turned red before I cleared
the intersection, and I saw a flash.  Damn.  Of course, if I'm lucky it
was for a car going the other way...