To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 2:35 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] My OM617 isn't acting too healthy - need input

on 10/3/06 1:25 AM, Jim Cathey at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Am I missing something here?

Some rings?  A piston top?  Definitely sounds bad, sorry for you.

Ah, well, you may well be right. However, what I did not add is that most of
the time, performance is near normal.

I have driven an SD with a pooched motor, and this one does not feel like
it. Not by a long shot.

Mac