Luther,

On my '80 300SD (now living in Kalamazoo, MI with a new parent) I changed to Castrol GTX 15/40 (diesel) within the last year before I sold "her" and found that drips decreased significantly. Has something to do with additives and seal/gasket expansion characteristics..........

Don't know what oil you are using, but might be worth a try........

HTH,

Take care,
Chuck
Phoenix AZ