driving like I stole it, I ran some full throttle starts onto the interstate
with people behind me at night.  I could notice a definate reduction in the
amount of smoke/particulate in the headlights behind me.  It was more like
cruising throttle at 70-75mph  was before and the smoke/particulate while
cruising at 70-75 was not visible.  This is a definate change.  So, I took the
car to KS/NE and back last weekend, over 1000 miles of mostly 65-80.  When I
parked it for the first time in KS after about 450 miles, it left a 6-8" spot
of oil on the ground.  This is odd...this car never left more than 2 or 3
nickle or quarter sized drops under it in multiple days here at work...the
puddle only took 2-3 hours... So, when I arrived back home, I put some
cardboard under the car and it puddled up again, right under the front edge of
the oil pan.  I looked a little closer, and it appears to be draining down from
the crank shaft and front main seal..... Finally, something visible that I can
repair.
--
Luther   KB5QHU
Alma, Ark