1) Yes
2) There
3) Alot
4) No.

The heat and AC both began to fail intermittently about a year ago.
Sometimes they would work and sometimes not. A local auto technician thinks
it's some sort of control valve that he thinks (but isn't sure) is located
either under the dash or under the hood. The dealership service advisor
isn't sure which valve controls both systems.
1. Do you think it's probably this control valve they are talking about?
2. If so, where is it located?
3. What should I expect to pay for parts and labor?
4. Is it something I could do myself? I've done a lot of mechanical work
on the car myself - just no electronics.
Thanks very much for any help.
les