The PBCU on that model doesn't suffer from bad solder joints, I don't believe,
it's all electronic (no high-current relays on board).

I checked the PCB on my mom's TE while I was doing the evaporator -- all
standard IC type connections, none of which looked bad.

I do now have a non-running AC compressor I need to diagnose, any hints of how
to determine if it's the PBCU or the KLIMA relay?

Peter