Kaleb is reported to have said: Isnt it amazing how old MB diesels get as good if not better than the so
called gas savers these days?

AMEN!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2006 6:46 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1966 200D, 110 Chassis

Isnt it amazing how old MB diesels get as good if not better than the so
called gas savers these days?

Loren Faeth wrote:

Rust can be a problem. The area behind the front wheels behind the fender
liner panel is a place where dirt and gravel  accumulate and cause
rust.  In the rocker panels and the back end of the rocker panel ahead of
the rear wheels are other areas subject to rust.  The trunk wells on each
side are also subject to rust out. The front bumper support is subject to
rust away.

I never saw a 200D with 3 mains.  all the 200Ds I have had apart have
5.  The 190Dc had 3 mains. (up through 65)

My 200Ds regularly got 35 mpg on the highway.  I always had the valve and
injection timing right on. My 200ds would get as good or better mileage
as 1/2 of the cars on the top 10 list of best MPG cars for 2007, and that
is with 40 year old technology.

There are 17 grease points, but many cars now have 4-6 less because they
have newer non-grease tie rod ends.  The important thing is to keep the
kingpins and upper and lower outer bushings greased.  Once a year will do
on the rest.

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 91 300D 2.5 Turbo, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL,
 87 300SDL #2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 84 190D 2.2,
 84 190D 2.2 #2, 81 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250
http://www.striplin.net