Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 23:15:44 -0400
From: "Gary Hurst" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT - Old Rifles
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

yes, closed doors.  there are lots of efforts to find someone to take
over, so there is some hope.

the 94 was a john browning design and would be the lever action we
would generally have the greatest familiarity with. it's a sweet gun,
but you find most of them in 30-30, which is just not that interesting
a cartridge for me.

the gun is of such worth that it was produced up until the factory
closed its doors a few months ago.  so many of brownings guns are as
useful today as they day they were first produced.  i mean, is there
really a better pistol than the 1911?