Well, I just pulled the steering wheel and adjusted it.  That was WAY easy.
Am I mistaken in thinking that if the pitman arm lines up with the tie rods,
then it would have to be where it should relative to the gearbox?
Man, it seems like this stuff should be really simple, but there seems to be
just enough complication to make it a bit of a hassle.

Oh yeah, and I love the sense of humor the Hayne's guys have.  Over the last
couple days there were pictures of an allen wrench in the steering shaft
bolt and the steering wheel bolt.  Yeah, like you could just put an allen
wrench in and loosen it!

Levi

On 10/31/06, Craig McCluskey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:36:29 -0600 Stephen D Murrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I think the pitman arm & shaft has 1 larger spline to only go on 1 way;
> i have changed gearboxes by myself;(not fun)  put at least 1 mounting
> bolt thru & use long ext. bar with socket, lift st. box up with left
> hand & push  1 mt. bolt thru w. right hand to start 1 bolt; that will
> hold the weight, then the other 2 bolts are easy; if you leave the
> multi. splined end of the flex connector on gearbox, it should still be
> in alignment or close; steering wheel alignment can be made by equal
> adjustments on Both sides of tie rods, or removing St. wheel?

You'll want to center the steering box with the bolt that's inserted
first, then center the steering wheel, then adjust the tie rods to get the
tires pointed in the correct direction.

Craig