archer wrote:
>  I'll keep your inline pump in mind if I find a good deal on
> a M/H with the Cummins rotary pump.

There's nothing really wrong with the V-pump, it lives about 150-200kmi
in a pickup. Don't know if it would die in x years and low miles in a
MH. When one dies, it is usually a good idea to upgrade to the P7100,
although that requires some other parts, like injector lines and timing
housing. I suspect there aren't many rotary pumps on '95-up engines.
Dodge made the switch on '94 models. I'm not a fan of the '98-02
24v engines (compared to the 12v), but I'd take one over a powerstroke.
UPS trucks have Spicer overdrive 5 speeds manny trannys, I wouldn't mind
that drivetrain in a MH. Too bad UPS is in the habit of crushing their
old vehicles. Bread/Fritos trucks often have the 4 cyl version with
rotary pump and GM 3sp automatics.