My '83 300D idles very smoothly when started cold.  After it's warmed up, it
idles roughly.  After 5 or 10 miles on the highway it will sometimes sound
like a cylinder is missing.  By the time I get home and crack the injector
lines, it is always idling better.  I took along wrenches and cracked the
injector lines along the road when it was missing badly.  I could not tell
which cylinder was worse. Each cylinder definitely began missing as I cracked the lines.

I am wondering if the problem is most likely to be injectors, injector pump
seals, a compression problem, or something to do with injector pump
adjustment.  The fact that it idles so perfectly when first started seems
strange.

Thanks,
Gerry Archer
'83 300D and 240D