Thanks Jim.
Finally I read the test procedure correct. On the SML they show doing the
test at the control valve. I mixed the lines coming and going up though, so
it didn't make good sense. Vacuum should be @ 350mb at idle w/ throttle off,
and 0 at full throttle.
I was concerned that the ADA may be position critical since it had a paint
mark on the swivel nut. But than, it could not affect the tranny what so
ever.

On 11/2/06, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now my wife complains the car shifts very harsh and makes a big clunk
> doing
> so. I don't think I knocked the trans. modulator vac. line off because
> when
> I tried it I noticed it gets a little smoother when easing off the
> pedal.

You affected it somehow.  The vacuum valve on the IP is intended to
roughly simulate the effect of gasser manifold vacuum (with throttle)
for feeding to the tranny.  It's adjustable over a range, too.

> Can I test the line without removing the intake crossover ? If I put a
> Mityvac on the modulator end of the line, shouldn't it hold vacuum at
> throttle off ?

Yes.  But make sure you're on the tranny line and not the one that
goes first to the IP, it has a controlled (and
throttle-position-sensitive)
bleed on it.

You may have knocked a line off elsewhere that due to the natural
restrictions of small-diameter line has resulted in a lessening of
the vacuum supply in the car, but not enough to disable anything.
That would throw the calibration of the IP dingus off.

-- Jim