To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 83' 300D vs. 300SD?

Ditto on what Jeff and others have said about the
differences.  I prefer the 123 though.  I prefer the
smaller size and the feeling of driving the car versus
riding along.  For me the 126 makes a great
vacation/highway cruiser.  In most other situations I
find it a little large and unwieldy and drive the 123,
Civic or Alfa.  Systems wise I prefer the manual
heating/AC controls versus the ACC on the 126.  Power
locks, seats and windows are just something else that
can go wrong.  I am the only person that drives my
vehicles so I've set the seat once. Back and forth
from work, it's the 240D.  700 mile roundtrip to Des
Moines, or up to Wisc somewhere then it's the
300SD...and if I'm really feeling lucky,the Alfa.

Fred Johnson
Chicago
1977 240D
1981 300SD
1991 A/R 164L
1996 Civic

--- Jeff Zedic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ahhh, the dfferences are many and varied. The S
class is a much better
drive. Quieter and more relaxed, especially on the
highway!

Between the two, I'd take the S any day! No
comparison!! I've had both and
the 123 is not in the same league as the 126.
(Obviously)

Jeff Zedic
Toronto