Sunil Hari wrote:

> Where is this marvelous 5.5% savings account?  Highest I can find is 2%.

I had a link to eloan in my original post IIRC.

http://www.eloan.com/savings

Other 5% plus plans can be found here:
http://www.fatwallet.com/t/52/437553/

I was getting ready to open an emigrantdirect account back in September,
then emigrant lowered their APY and eloan came out with 5.5 so I went
with eloan. Weird things get displayed on eloan's web page, like a
11k deposit was listed on my account summary page as a 11k subtraction,
but the balance was always right, and the interest comes out to the penny.
Eloan wants a $5,000 initial deposit, but you can take some of that out
after a while, all balances from $0.01 and up get 5.5%.