I believer the FSM states 25mm, which is more like 1" of play. That's
why I don't like 123 series cars, and why just about every 107 I've
ever looked at (that had service records) showed a box replacement at
some point. 123 drivers are often willing to accept an inch of play,
but 107 drivers seldom are...

Gary Thompson
Georgetown, TX
1995 E320