Wow, that sounds EXACTLY like my '82 300CD problem.....I'm VERY curious about
this.  Do you have a link for this post?  Tnx,

--
Luther   KB5QHU    Alma, Ark
'87 300SDL (270,491 mi) head case?

Quoting Redghost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Question popped up on the MBCA 115 forum about a 615 engine and leak
down as well as compression.   Fellow took his car to mechanic who
gives him compression numbers in the 320-340psi range with and claims
that is low.  Also engine does not hold pressure.  Is this possible?  I
told him the compression numbers are within spec (based on MB manual
data) but I can not figure why the leak down failed.  he is burning
1qt/200miles