cylinder 1: 320 dry / 420 wet
cylinders 2, 3 and 4:  340 dry

Those look good enough.

He says minimum compression should be 365, but my MB service manual (printed May 1970)says minimum is 250, standard range is 323-352; says readings should be the same as a 616 or 617 engine. After arguing over what the readings should be (the MB service manual is wrong?),

Service manual is right.

I do not have the proper equipment to perform the compression and leak down tests, otherwise I would do it myself.

It can be had from Harbor Freight, for around $80 IIRC.  The compression
tester is $18 when on sale.

Is there fair amount of oil blowing into your air cleaner from the
rocker-cover vent?

IIRC, on these the vent goes into the intake manifold, and nowhere
near the air cleaner.  Still a nice path for oil blowby though.
One could disconnect it and rig it to a collection bottle to see
if sufficient oil were coming out this way, if the paths others
have suggested proved fruitless.

-- Jim